Utah Brain Injury Council’s (UBIC) mission is—to provide brain injury education to the people of Utah and advocate and guide the implementation of a permanent statewide brain injury system.
The UBIC envisions Utah as a state where every brain injury is prevented, and where all individuals with brain injury and their caregivers maximize their quality of life.
• Empowerment—we recognize the critical importance of social and systemic change as we empower people to advocate for themselves and to recognize their value to our community.
• Collaboration—our goals are achieved through our essential partnerships.
• Inclusion—where each brain injury survivor is unique and has valuable contributions to be made to the greater community.
• Lifetime Access—where we work to ensure that all individuals are aware of and have access to quality services.
Strategic Issue Statements
• Education and Training is—to increase awareness and knowledge, promote prevention, and develop specialized training for professionals and individuals within the brain injury community.
• Information and Resource Dissemination is—to efficiently provide survivors, caregivers and professionals with local, relevant resources, including but not limited to a stream-lined referral system.
• Sustainability/Community Initiatives is—collaboration with our partners, secure ongoing funding to provide for the implementation and continuation of community and state-wide outreach initiatives.